Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grand opening

Welcome to what I hope will be a regularly updated blog focused on SAS.

Among other things in a bizarre career, I've used SAS on mainframes, various Unixen and PCs since version 6. Part of that time was spent as a contractor in about a dozen locations in several industries. A common theme was very large scale data processing, millions of records at a time, coming from wherever it might be found. That usually has meant DB2 or Oracle, but SAS can use it wherever it comes from.

More often than not I've been the local SAS geek, applying it to whatever might come up for greenhorns, statisticians, business analysts and others. But there's lots of expertise out there, and I hope some of it starts showing up here. I don't know everything (yet...), so let's share ideas, code and war stories!

And let's *not* share politics. I'm not innocent, but I have another blog for that. Heaven forbid that even SAS should become a partisan issue.

Comments are welcome, but my word is law and I will moderate and delete as ruthlessly as necessary to satisfy my whims. Hint - if it's about personalities, it's likely to be out of bounds.

No comments: